Friday 17 December 2010

Arsenal draw Barcelona!


The draw for the last 16 was made this afternoon, and I think all of the Arsenal nation suspected this was coming, from the manager, players and the fans.

Was the draw rigged?...I think so.
Although I was at school at the time, I can just imagine what it looked like - bright lights, loads of suits, a stage, some bowls and balls - the perfect ingredients for a master crime!

Arsenal have got Barcelona at the Emirates for the first leg and you get the feeling we would need to give ourselves a cushion going into the second.

Anyway, this article is premature. The match takes place in Feburary (its December right now by the way), so we've got things much higher on the priority list for a while.

Which brings us to the premierleague, Arsenal play Stoke tomorrow and theres been the standard media rubbish about Shawcross being a victim. It makes me sick, so I'm not going to talk about.

If Arsenal win we'd go straight back to the top of the table, with Chelsea playing Man Utd on Sunday. It's a crazy league! You just get the feeling though, that we're dropping to may careless points and if we'd played our matches on another day, we could be out of sight by now. But I suppose every team feels that way, so let's forget that and look forward to the next half of the season.

No comments: