Saturday 21 June 2008

Eduardo will END the curse of the Arsenal number nine shirt

I can't wait for the day that I see Eduardo put the red and white shirt of Arsenal on his back again.

We won't know what type of player Eduardo will be after coming back from such a bad injury.

Before his "assault" we were beginning to see the reason why Le Boss signed him. He was starting to settle in and was producing some great football.

Of top of this, he seems such a nice bloke, and to see him suffer such a cruel injury just seemed damn wrong.

I've a feeling that he will come back better than before and will become one of the BEST forwards in Europe. I've rated him from when before he signed for Arsenal, and was very pleased when he signed on the dotted line for us.

I reckon that finally we will have someone who will end the curse of the number nine shirt at Arsenal. The last few to wear it have struggled, Jeffers, Reyes and Baptista, and even Eduardo himself suffered from the curse when getting injured!

The number nine shirt is prestigious in football. It's a goal-scorers shirt, and Eduardo is a goal-scorer. I've no doubt when he returns he will do us proud.

He was a hungry player before and after missing the last part of the season and the Euros, he will return even hungrier. He is a strong person and that strength is what he will need on the long road to recovery.

He will get there. And I reckon that he will score a bucketful for our club. In fact. I think he will get 100 goals for Arsenal. At least. In fact, I'm having a bet on it!

The curse of the number nine has affected numerous players, including Eduardo himself.

But he is just the man to lift it.

Keep it Goonerish.........

No comments: